The Dementia Foundation for Spark of Life respects and upholds people's privacy rights in the way we collect, use, disclose, hold and destroy personal information. Personal information includes any information where someone's identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained from that information. This includes information we have collected over the telephone, via mail, personal contact or over the internet.
Any personal information collected will only be used by us for the primary reason it was collected, unless:
- It could be reasonably expected that the Dementia Foundation for Spark of Life would use the information for a related purpose
- The person has agreed to use of their information for a related purpose
- The information is not sensitive and the use of the information is for direct marketing i.e.: information about events.
Individuals are able to opt out of receiving further information from the Dementia Foundation for Spark of Life, unless there is a legal requirement for us to provide such information.
We do not lend or give away information collected from any of our activities, except:
- With the individual's consent
- To lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual's health and/or safety
- When required by law
- In preparation for, or conduct of legal proceedings in a court or tribunal
- In the public interest, eg: to lessen or prevent a serious threat to public health and/or safety
- Unidentified data may be used for research purposes.
Personal information about our supporters is never sold or provided to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Like many organisations, we tract usage patterns on our websites, specifically, we record:
- Internet providers
- Date and time of website visitors
- Web pages accessed and documents downloaded
- Search items entered.
Sometimes we need to store temporary information, which can personalise a website visit, using 'cookies'. Cookies are simply an alternative for storing information used by webpage scripts in a computer's browser rather than on a computer server. Cookies cannot gather any more information about an individual than what is already publicly available when the web is surfed or what an individual offers in a web form.
The Dementia Foundation for Spark of Life's website contains links to other websites. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the content or privacy practices of those websites.
The internet is inherently insecure and accordingly, we cannot provide any definite assurance regarding security or personal information. The Dementia Foundation for Spark of Life will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.